By Simon Ujah, Kaduna
The Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir El-rufai, has extended the tenure of Hon. Haj. Hadiza Yahuza as caretaker committee chairperson of Chikun local government area of the state fir another six months.
The chairperson who confirmed this to our correspondent in a chat at the weekend stated that “For your information His Excellency has extended the tenure of Caretaker by 6 months,Thanks.
Hon. Yahuza was appointed interim chairperson of the local government when the local government council chairmanship election in the area failed to produce elected chairman which led to legal battle in court hitherto.
She was also appointed caretaker committee chairman by Governor El-rufai during the first tenure of the governor, a situation which generated alot of heat through protest by youth of the area predominantly dominated by Southern Kaduna natives.
The councilor, representing Sabon Tasha ward, in Chikun local government had recently accused the chairperson of converting road budget for pedestrian bridges, poor, contract award, execution, highhandedness, lack of openness and financial impropriety.
Facebook Comments Box
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends
- UNILORIN VC seeks upgrade of molecular lab to public health lab
- Naira, Fuel, scarcity take shine off 44th Kaduna International Trade Fair
- I paid ₦1,000 for litre– Oshiomhole laments fuel scarcity, price