Court dissolves 10 year old marriage over alleged infidelity
A Grade “C” Customary Court sitting in Iseyin, Oyo State, on Wednesday dissolved a ten-year-old marriage over allegations and counter allegations of infidelity.
The President of the court, Chief Adelodun Oyegbenle, dissolved the marriage which marriage produced three children due to irreconcilable differences between the couple, Mr Johnson and Mrs Esther Iyanda.
Johnson had approached the court in July to seek dissolution of the marriage over his wife’s alleged infidelity.
“My ears are full with stories of how she sleeps around with different men without shame or fear that I may get to know about.
“The situation made me to send her packing and now I want it to be official that she is no longer my wife, “he told the court.
In her response, the estranged wife denied the allegation of cheating, saying “he is the one that is not sincere with our marital vows.
“I have never done anything like what he says, instead he is the one who has slept with two of my friends.
“He sent me out and brought another woman two days after to take over my room, “she added.
In his judgment, the court’s President, Oyegbenle, said it was obvious that love no longer existed between the couples could not resolve the crisis.
He dissolved the union and granted custody of the two children to their mother.
Oyegbenle ordered Johnson to pay N10,000 monthly allowance to the court registry for the upkeep of the children.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Ramadan: CAN calls for prayers for peace in Nigeria
- (PHOTOS)EFCC arrests 28 suspected Yahoo Yahoo boys in Kwara
- Aggrieved parties file 25 petitions before Lagos election tribunal
- Referee suspended for using fan’s phone to review a goal
- Ramadan: Buhari sends best wishes to Muslim faithful
- NLC declares nationwide strike from Wednesday next week
- President-Elect Tinubu jets out to Europe
- JUST IN…..Emir of Ilorin confirms commencement of Ramadan fasting tomorrow
- I didn’t interfere, polls reflected Nigerians’ choices – Buhari
- Remove fuel subsidy before you go — U.S to Buhari