Ondo State Government has promoted 2, 212 civil servants in 2016, Chairman of the state Civil Service Commission, Dr Afolabi Adewakun, has said.
Adewakun made the disclosure in Akure on Wednesday while briefing workers on the promotion exercise carried out during the year.
“Governor Olusegun Mimiko has always prioritised the welfare of workers.
“It is in this light that he graciously approved the promotion of all deserving officers in the civil service for 2016, despite the difficult times.
“The promoti list was forwarded to the commission by the Office of Head of Service as prepared by the Senior Management Committee for eligible officers.”
He said that the list also contained those forwarded by the Office of Establishments and Ministries, Departments and Agencies.
The chairman added that the commission had also successfully carried out the conversion of 479 officers from various cadres between 2015 and 2016.
Adewaku challenged the promoted staff to be diligent, hard working, loyal and dedicated to their duties.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency