An Ilorin Area Court on Wednesday dissolved Six year-old marriage between Aminat Ajise and Tunji
Aminat, a resident of Balogun Fulani Area, Ilorin asked the court
to dissolve her marriage to her husband, Tunji over unmatched
genotype and lack of maintenance.
She said that their marriage was contracted in year 2000 and
had produced three kids and one of them are sickle cell.
“Since my husband know that our first child is SS, he
abandoned me with the kids, no support from him anymore as
he decline to give me and my children money and food.
“My lord, I am tired of his non-challant attitude as he has
shown he does not need me and his children anymore.
The plaintiff said the defendant has abandoned her and his
children to move in with another woman at Air port area since
“My Lord, I want an end to this marriage because I can’t
continue to hurt my emotion over irresponsible husband”, she
The defendant did not object to the prayer of his wife saying
she is free to go.
The presiding judge, Mr. Ibrahim AbdulKadri however dissolved
the marriage and issued a certificate of divorce to the plaintif.
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes