The Ondo State University of Science and Technology, Okitipupa have announced the expulsion of four students for gross misconduct.
The university also suspended 16 other students for various cases of examination malpractices for one to two academic semesters.
Mr Felix Akinusi, the acting Registrar of the institution who
confirmed this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on
Wednesday in Okitipupa said that the students had been
advised to stay away from the university premises.
He also issued a strong warning to other students to desists
from misconducts and malpratice, urging them to pursue their
educational career with seriousness.
“The university have expelled four students over gross
misconduct, they were involved in physical assault of their
colleagues on campus.
“The other 16 that were suspended were involved in various
examination malpractice for two semesters.
“Students should desists from misconducts or malpratice which
can put them on the sideline, they should concentrate and
pursue their academic career to a logical end with seriousness,”
The students expelled and their departments are; Akande
Samuel (Microbiology), Oluwatayo Adewale (Geophysics),
Okunomo Henry (Biochemistry), and Akinteye Babatunde
The suspended students are; Akinkuowo Fisayo (Zoology),
Oladimeji Oluwatobi ( Microbiology), Oladokun Emmanuel
(Geophysics), Akinde Abiodun (Industrial Chemistry), Elisha
Felicia (Biochemistry), Ohafugor Joseph (Geophysics).
Others include: Kayode Samuel (Physics), Agbaje Taofeek
(Mathematics), Oni Olubunmi (Fisheries), Olanipekun
Oluwasanmi (Physics), Ayadi Segun (Fisheries), Adebisi
The rest are Edward Monday (Mathematics), Udoh Emmanuel
(Industrial Chemistry), Burojo Ojo (Mathematics) and Sanusi
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants
- Ilorin experiences first rainfall in 2023
- Leeds records 3-1 victory against Accrington Stanley firstly in 7yrs
- Naira notes hardship: Don’t come to Kano yet, Ganduje tells Buhari
- CBN’s Jan. 31 deadline on naira notes unrealistic— Atiku
- CBN deadline: Buhari speaks on reasons for currencies changes
- INEC extends PVCs collection to Feb. 5