Suspects who were arrested for being in possession of used female pant on Wednesday appeared before a Magistrates’ Court sitting in Ile Ife, Osun State.
The defendants — Odelola Olawuyi, Ajayi Damilare, and Toheeb Elugbaju — were caught with the item and they allegedly failed to give convincing explanation on how they came about it.
Police prosecutor, Emmanuel Abdullahi, said the men committed the offence between April 6 and 7, 2020, in Ile-Ife.
He added that the defendants also failed to comply with the stay-at-home order of the Osun State Government meant to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
He said, “The offences contravened Sections 17 (11) of the Quarantine Act Q2 Laws of the Federation, 2004, Public Health Law, Cap 135, Laws of Osun, 2002.”
The defendants pleaded not guilty.
Their counsel, Mr Leke Dada, urged the court to grant the defendants bail.
The magistrate, Joseph Owolawi, admitted the defendants to bail in the sum of N200,000 with one surety in like sum.
He adjourned till May 15, 2020 for hearing.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal