Delievring a ruling, the judge, Malam Rilwanu Kyaudai, confirmed the divorce between the couple through Khul’i (divorce by mutual Agreement).
“She will only return the clothes she hasn’t used. The complainant has the permission of court to move her belongings from her former husband’s house”, the judge ruled.
Earlier, Dahiru, through her counsel Murtala Gyallesu had on Oct. 12 ,filed a suit against her husband praying court to dissolve their one month old marriage through Khul’i.
She said she was no longer interested in the marriage and was ready to return the dowry she received in exchange for divorce.
On his part, Yakubu through his counsel, M.M Dahiru, said he loved his wife and had no intention of divorcing.
Yakubu prayed the court to order his former wife to return the marriage suitcaces filled with clothes that he gave her as gift.
- BREAKING… IGP, Usman Baba sentenced to prison
- Arsonists cannot deter us from holding 2023 elections, INEC Chairman
- Bank failure: Depositors’ monies safe– NDIC assures
- FG approves 2-week paternity leave for civil servants
- Labour Party challenges Tinubu to open debate with Peter Obi
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor
- Housewife, 20, arrested for allegedly killing her co-wife with pestle in Bauchi
- Buhari’s in-law, Sha’aban resigns from APC