The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, has cancelled the remaining activities of the ongoing 2020 COAS Annual Conference following a positive test to COVID-19 on Tuesday by a participant, a statement issued on Thursday in Abuja said.
The statement by the Acting Director, Army Public Relations, Brig.-Gen. Sagir Musa disclosed that as a result of this development, all the participants had been mandated to immediately proceed on self isolation, in line with the Federal Government’s protocol on COVID -19, and to prevent any further spread of the disease.
“All inconveniences hereby regretted please,” Musa said.
Meanwhile, in another statement, Musa said that the COAS had also pruned down the number of attendees to the wedding solemnisation of his son, Hamisu Buratai, scheduled for Friday. Participants at the COAS conference would not participate in the wedding, the statement added.
“The Chief of Army Staff, on behalf of his family, feels honoured to sincerely appreciate, thank and welcome all dignitaries and invited guests to his son’s wedding slated for Friday, Dec. 11.
“However, due to the resurgence of the Pandemic in the FCT, Buratai will be unable to personally attend to, receive, or meet you at the event. All inconveniences are hereby regretted please,” he announced.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- NiMet predicts cloudy, sunny weather conditions for three days
- Buhari hails Army over professionalism, bravery
- Police graduates 467 constables in Kwara
- Estate agent arraigned in court over alleged N3.4m fraud
- Photo News: Defence Minister, Salihi Magashi visits Kuje prison
- KUJE ATTACK: MINISTER OF DEFENCE INSPECTS MEDIUM SECURITY CUSTODIAL CENTRE
- 2022 Ilorin Grand Durbar: Kwara govt expresses more supports
- Bandits, vigilantes clash kill 12 persons in Plateau
- FG set to recruit 1million Nigerians for 2023 census exercise
- Police re-arrest jailbreaker in Ondo State