The NCDC disclosed this on its website handle on Thursday.
The agency said that 26 additional infections with no additional death were reported in six states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
According to the NCDC report, Lagos state led the chart with 13 new cases, followed by Kaduna with four cases, while Kwara and Rivers recorded two infections each.
It also said the FCT and Gombe state reported one case each.
“The latest report includes confirmed cases from Kaduna State for 23rd and 24th June, 2021, four states with no cases reported are Enugu, Kano, Nasarawa, and Sokoto,” it said.
The public health agency noted that 16 people who have recovered from the disease have been discharged from isolation centers across the country.
According to it, till date, a total of 163, 933, cases have been discharged and 2,118 deaths recorded in 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory.
The NCDC stated that the nation’s active cases stand at 1,350.
The public health agency said that a multi-sectoral national emergency operations centre (EOC), activated at Level 2, continues to coordinate the national response activities.
Meanwhile, the agency said that disregard for COVID-19 preventive measures puts Nigerians and everyone around them at risk of getting infected.
“The action you take to limit the risk of spread of COVID-19 protects the vulnerable around you.
“Our fight against COVID-19 is a collective effort.
“ It’s not over yet. Please don’t take your feet off the pedal. Wear a mask, Keep your distance, Avoid crowds, Wash your hands and It’s not that hard,” it advised.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the country has tested a total of 2,266,591 samples so far.
- BREAKING… IGP, Usman Baba sentenced to prison
- Arsonists cannot deter us from holding 2023 elections, INEC Chairman
- Bank failure: Depositors’ monies safe– NDIC assures
- FG approves 2-week paternity leave for civil servants
- Labour Party challenges Tinubu to open debate with Peter Obi
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor
- Housewife, 20, arrested for allegedly killing her co-wife with pestle in Bauchi
- Buhari’s in-law, Sha’aban resigns from APC