Two persons, including an unvaccinated health worker, have died from complications of COVID19 in Edo state.
The 56-year-old health worker died at the Auchi General Hospital, Edo north.
Disclosing this to newsmen on Friday, September 10, the Head of the State’s COVID-19 Case Management, Dr Ebomwonyi Osagie, said the two victims were yet to be vaccinated against the disease.
“The state has recorded two deaths in 24 hours. One of the deceased, a 56-year-old man, was a nurse with Auchi General Hospital, Etsako West Local Government Area. He was diabetic and hypertensive as well as unvaccinated.
Health workers are not immune and they are Nigerians. There is also vaccine hesitancy among health workers like other Nigerians.’’he said
Osagie said since the inception of the Delta variant, the state had recorded 35 deaths and 925 confirmed cases.
“We actually feel sad over the death of the health worker, just as we feel sad each time we lose a soul.
As a government, we want to do everything possible to protect our people and prevent this death; most of these deaths are preventable; we know they had co-morbidities and some of these persons were presented very late.
Late presentation has always been a challenge to us, even during the first wave of COVID-19.
In the health sector, coming to the hospital late is always a very serious issue that leads to an increase in mortality while managing cases,” Irowa said
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo