A Kenyan man has been granted his request of divorcing his wife who he accused of being a lesbian.
The 30-year-old man told the court in Nakuru County that he met his wife on Facebook in 2015 and they married a year later before their marriage went south. He told the court that he had suffered in the hands of his wife as she was denying him his conjugal rights and has lost feelings for men, and now into women.
In court documents, the man said that for eight months after their marriage, his estranged wife denied him conjugal rights. According to the court papers, the man discovered his wife’s ‘sexuality’ through his sister.
“The respondent confided in my sister and my sister-in-law that she was only attracted to females. It was at this point that she disclosed she is a lesbian.”
Nakuru Principal Magistrate, Yvonne Khatambi who ruled on the case said that the marriage had already broken beyond reconciliation and both parties are no longer willing to proceed with the marriage.
“The parties identified as FJO and PNM had failed to reconcile despite efforts to have them revive their five-year union.
“I hereby dissolve the marriage between the petitioner and the respondent.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo