AUTHORITY of the Kwara State Polytechnics has resolved to honour business magnates, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, Alhaji Kamaldeen Yusuf and Chief Eric Umeofia during its forthcoming 23rd convocation ceremonies.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Yusuf is the Chief Executive Officer of Kam Industries Limited while Umeofia is the Chairman of Erisco Foods Limited.
The Rector of Kwara State Polytechnic, Alhaji Mas’ud Elelu, disclosed this in an interview with journalists in Ilorin stressing that
the convocation ceremony would hold on Dec. 15 at the newly constructed multi-purpose stadium complex.
The rector further said that Dangote and KAMWire deserved the award because they have both employed a couple of students of the institution when they had their industrial attachment in one of his companies.
He further disclosed that the National Board for Technical Education will soon visit the institution over the accreditation of six new courses.
He added that the board would also re-accredit 26 other courses. He identified some of the new courses to include Fisheries, Water Resources and Mechatronics.
The rector also said that the polytechnic was chosen by NBTE as a pilot institution for some of the new courses.
Elelu explained that when the accreditation and re-accreditation process had been successfully completed, the number of courses offered in the institution would increase to 62 from the present 56.
He also disclosed that the institution would begin e-learning to enable students to study from anywhere in the world.
Facebook Comments Box
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends