AUTHORITY of the Kwara State Polytechnics has resolved to honour business magnates, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, Alhaji Kamaldeen Yusuf and Chief Eric Umeofia during its forthcoming 23rd convocation ceremonies.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Yusuf is the Chief Executive Officer of Kam Industries Limited while Umeofia is the Chairman of Erisco Foods Limited.
The Rector of Kwara State Polytechnic, Alhaji Mas’ud Elelu, disclosed this in an interview with journalists in Ilorin stressing that
the convocation ceremony would hold on Dec. 15 at the newly constructed multi-purpose stadium complex.
The rector further said that Dangote and KAMWire deserved the award because they have both employed a couple of students of the institution when they had their industrial attachment in one of his companies.
He further disclosed that the National Board for Technical Education will soon visit the institution over the accreditation of six new courses.
He added that the board would also re-accredit 26 other courses. He identified some of the new courses to include Fisheries, Water Resources and Mechatronics.
The rector also said that the polytechnic was chosen by NBTE as a pilot institution for some of the new courses.
Elelu explained that when the accreditation and re-accreditation process had been successfully completed, the number of courses offered in the institution would increase to 62 from the present 56.
He also disclosed that the institution would begin e-learning to enable students to study from anywhere in the world.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections