An octogenarian, Mr Oluwafemi Fagbemi, and three others; Tobi Ojo, Famutuwa Femi and Tope Olatunji were on Tuesday sentenced to death for murder by an Osun State High Court presided over by Justice Kudirat Akano.
The convicts were charged with two count charge of Conspiracy and murder contrary to sections 324 and 319 of the criminal Code Cap. 34 Volume 2 Laws of Osun State of Nigeria 2002.
The prosecuting counsel from State of Osun Ministry of Justice, Mr. Abiodun Badiora told the court that the convicts committed the crimes on 13th of April, 2012 as the convicts conspired to kill one Jacob Ajayi for money ritual.
The headless body of the deceased was recovered from the septic tank (soak away pit) while his genitals and part of his leg had been removed.
Counsel to the convicts A.O Oluwole pleaded with the Judge to temper justice with mercy.
Justice Akano found them guilty on two counts preferred against them and sentenced them accordingly as count one (1) conspiracy attracts fourteen years imprisonment for each of them and sentenced them to death by hanging for murder.
- (See Pictures) Court sends 20 internet fraudsters to jail in Oyo
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin