According to a post on the Australian National Imams Council’s social media, the date was issued following extensive consultations with the Imams from the Australian Fatwa Council and the Grand Mufti of Australia, Dr Ibrahim Abu Mohamad, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
The statement also announced that the first night of Ramadan and Taraweeh prayer would be on Monday, 12th of April 2021 after sunset, or after Isha.
The Grand Mufti of Australia acknowledged and said that they understood “the Imams and scholars who may hold a different opinion.”
The statement also called on all Muslims to “preserve their fasting whilst supplicating to Allah to lift the pandemic, protect our countries, and spread peace and security all around the world.”
- UNILORIN VC seeks upgrade of molecular lab to public health lab
- Naira, Fuel, scarcity take shine off 44th Kaduna International Trade Fair
- I paid ₦1,000 for litre– Oshiomhole laments fuel scarcity, price
- Tems wins Grammy award
- Kwara South Group Drums Support For ADC Reps candidate, Gbenga Power
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai