All Progressives Congress (APC), Imo chapter, has congratulated Gov. Dave Umahi of Ebonyi on his defection from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the APC.
The party congratulated the governor in a statement by its publicity Secretary, Mr Cajetan Duke, in Owerri on Wednesday.
Duke described Umahi’s defection as a forthright, timely, calculated political move, and a true reflection of selflessness.
He said that the defection would serve the collective interest of the people of Ebonyi, the southeast, and Nigeria at large.
The publicity secretary called on other political leaders in the PDP to toe Umahi’s path, to make Nigeria a progressive country.
” Gov. Umahi has demonstrated rare strength of character and political dexterity as an uncommon leader with clarity of vision and tenacity of purpose.
He commended Gov. Hope Uzodinma of Imo for his leadership capacity and disposition which has continued to attract goodwill for the party in the state and the southeast zone.
Duke expressed optimism that more southeast governors would soon join the party.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate