Maj Gen Magashi made the appeal against the backdrop of the successful grand finale of the 2021 Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day parade and wreaths laying ceremony under the parade of the Commander-in-Chief, President Muhammadu Buhari held in Abuja.
As contained in a statement by Mohammad Abdulkadri, Special Assistant to the Minister of Defence on Media and Publicity, Magashi said all Nigerians are critical stakeholders in maintaining a well mobilised professionally responsible and responsive Military that is capable of safeguarding the natiion’s territorial integrity and sovereignty.
While commending President Muhammadu Buhari for providing the right leadership to secure the country internally and against external aggression, he said a buy in by the public inform of aiding and speaking good about their military will be a force multiplier for the Fighting Forces to win the battles and not losing the war.
The Defence Minister who had his second shot at laying the wreath at the feet of the unknown soldier since his assumption of duty on 17th August 2019 appealed to Nigerians to complement government’s efforts at making the families of the slained heroes comfortable to cushion the agonising experience of the death of their bread winners.
He assured the surviving heroes of wars that Mr president is deploying strong political will and unwavering support towards rewarding their sacrifices for the survival of the nation.
He commend the Chief of Defence Staff and Service Chiefs for sustaining the Military Culture of “No Surrender No Retreat” until total victory is achieved in national defence at this critical times of fighting insecurity in varied dimensions.
General Magashi told the troops to remain highly professional and to go after the criminal elements to achieve the end state of attaining the much desired national peace and security assuriing them that their sacrifices will never be in vain.
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG