Nigeria’s Defence Minister, Major Gen. Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) has felicitated with Muslims on the occasion of the celebration of the Eid-el Kabir.
Magashi urged Muslims to prioritise national security and unity in their prayers for this year’s festival of sacrifice, otherwise known in the Islamic parlance as Eid-el-Adha.
He stated this in a message to felicitate with the Muslim Ummah on the occasion of the celebration of Eid-el Kabir festival, according to statement issued by his spokesman, Mohammad Abdulkadri.
While thanking Almighty Allah for sparing the lives of the muslins to witness the festival, he called for total restraints from any act capable of undermining peace, progress and prosperity of the nation during and after the festivities.
He beseiged God to reward the symbolic slaughtering of rams as an act of expression of individual piety and conformity with the Almighty Allah’s injuction as contained in the holy Quran and the hadith of the Holy Prophet Muhammad, (PBUH).
The Defence Minister underscores the need for selfless sacrifice to end insecurity in parts of the Country pointing out that National Security is the responsibility of all Nigerians.
The Defence Minister therefore appealed to the Muslims to intensify prayer for peace to reign in the country.
While encouraging the act of sharing of the sacrificial meat with non Muslim and Muslim neighbours alike who are not privileged to slaughter ram, he said by so doing societal peace, friendship and relationship will be unconditionally strengthened.
He prayed to Almighty Allah to accept the sacrifice by muslims as an Act of Ibadah and to protect the troops in the frontlines who are not opportuned to celebrate Eid-el-Kabir festival with their loved ones.
- 2023 election about competence, not religion– Tinubu Group
- 2023: Osinbajo group endorses Tinubu, receives APC letter of recognition
- Kwara Govt converts Ilorin General Hospital to teaching hospital
- I won’t forget Nigerians if elected, Tinubu vows
- Spectrum Auction will democratize broadband for Nigerians — Danbatta
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated