Nigeria’s Defence Minister, Major Gen. Bashir Salihi Magashi (rtd) has felicitated with Muslims on the occasion of the celebration of the Eid-el Kabir.
Magashi urged Muslims to prioritise national security and unity in their prayers for this year’s festival of sacrifice, otherwise known in the Islamic parlance as Eid-el-Adha.
He stated this in a message to felicitate with the Muslim Ummah on the occasion of the celebration of Eid-el Kabir festival, according to statement issued by his spokesman, Mohammad Abdulkadri.
While thanking Almighty Allah for sparing the lives of the muslins to witness the festival, he called for total restraints from any act capable of undermining peace, progress and prosperity of the nation during and after the festivities.
He beseiged God to reward the symbolic slaughtering of rams as an act of expression of individual piety and conformity with the Almighty Allah’s injuction as contained in the holy Quran and the hadith of the Holy Prophet Muhammad, (PBUH).
The Defence Minister underscores the need for selfless sacrifice to end insecurity in parts of the Country pointing out that National Security is the responsibility of all Nigerians.
The Defence Minister therefore appealed to the Muslims to intensify prayer for peace to reign in the country.
While encouraging the act of sharing of the sacrificial meat with non Muslim and Muslim neighbours alike who are not privileged to slaughter ram, he said by so doing societal peace, friendship and relationship will be unconditionally strengthened.
He prayed to Almighty Allah to accept the sacrifice by muslims as an Act of Ibadah and to protect the troops in the frontlines who are not opportuned to celebrate Eid-el-Kabir festival with their loved ones.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Aisha Wakil a.ka. ‘Mama Boko Haram, 2 others sentenced to 7yrs jailterm
- Cameroon seeks AIB-N support on aircraft accident investigation
- Professionalism, training motivation, support are catalyst for transformed education system– Stakeholders
- Emir Sulu-Gambari prays for Doyen of Geology, Prof. Oyawoye at 95
- Again, Buhari urges ASUU to call off strike
- Kwara Govt secondary school without classrooms
- NBA lauds Bala Mohammed for signing judiciary autonomy bill into law
- APC Chieftain lauds Faleke’s appointment as Secretary of APC Presidential Campaign
- Transform Raw Materials To Finished and Revenue Generating Product – FG
- Afritel trains journalists on good governance, accountability reporting