The Delta State Chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has urged Governor Ifeanyi Okowa to make judicious use of the £4.2million recovered from former Governor James Ibori for the good of the citizens of the State.
APC stated this on Tuesday in a statement by its Publicity Secretary, Mr Sylvester Imonina, in Asaba.
According to Imonina, the people of Delta want to see positive changes in their lives.
Recall that the Federal Government of Nigeria had returned the £4.2m looted by Ibori to the Delta government.
The statement read in part, “The Accountant-General of the Federation, Mr Ahmed Idris, told members of the committee and Nigerians that the recovered 4.2 million pounds allegedly siphoned by former Delta Governor Chief James Ibori, has been paid into the state government account.
“This step is commendable. Indeed, we of the Delta APC want to appreciate President Muhammadu Buhari for making sure that what was looted from Delta was brought back to the state for its development.
“We’re indeed grateful to Mr President for the fatherly disposition used in handling the circumstances and issues surrounding the recovery and the return of same to the state.
“Compared to some states in Nigeria of today which receive less amount of monies from the federation account, there’s no gainsaying the fact that the spirit of rapacity still exists in some government officials in Delta.
“For the sake of our dear state, we call on the State Governor, Sen. Ifeanyi Okowa, not to allow this economic lifeline (monies) to go the way of the past.
“The people of the state want to see positive changes in their lives.”
- Stakeholders set to discuss economic rescue measures through transportation industry
- 2023 election about competence, not religion– Tinubu Group
- 2023: Osinbajo group endorses Tinubu, receives APC letter of recognition
- Kwara Govt converts Ilorin General Hospital to teaching hospital
- I won’t forget Nigerians if elected, Tinubu vows
- Spectrum Auction will democratize broadband for Nigerians — Danbatta
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom