Doctors to resume strike after 4 weeks if demands are not met
The National Association of Resident Doctors (NARD) has warned the Federal Government not to renege on its agreement with the union.
The group warned that should the government fail to honour its agreement in the next four weeks, they would be forced to declare another indefinite nationwide industrial action.
President of NARD, Dr Uyilawa Okhuaihesuyi, gave the warning on Monday during an appearance on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily.
“We have been given a leap of faith to believe in the system and we hope and pray that the system does not fail us.
“If it fails us, we don’t have a choice but to call a meeting in the next four weeks, which is the timeline for this strike that we suspended.
“If our demands are not met in four weeks’ time, I think it will go back to us going on indefinite strike again.”
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Davido announces album release, returns to social media
- President Buhari commissions new office of National Security Adviser (Photos)
- Protesters call for Interim Govt, INEC chairman arrest
- I will never be a member of APC– Fayose
- PHOTO NEWS : Gov. AbdulRazaq visits Iyiola Akogun
- Saudi Arabia releases date on when Ramadan fasting will start
- Gov. AbdulRazaq’s re-election victory is deserving—Nupehood boss
- Peter Obi rigged 2023 election, not Tinubu – Asari Dokubo
- Time for politicking is over — Tinubu
- Breaking….CBN Gov., Godwin Emefiele Raises Interest Rate To 18%