The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Traditional Council, Mai-Martaba Alhaji (Dr) Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, has described the death of the Galadiman Patigi Dr. Alfa Sa’adu Pategi, as a great loss to humanity.
The monarch in his condolence message issued on Tuesday by his spokesman, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, expressed sadness over his unfortunate demise saying, “We have lost an irreplaceable asset in the nation.”
Dr. Alfa died in London on Tuesday at the age of 68 and was until his death a physician at the Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust.
According to Sulu-Gambari, “the late Galadiman Patigi was one of the finest medical practitioner whose penchant for professionalism, humanity and traditional institutions knows-no-bound as a foremost product of the emirate.
“He was the son of the late Alhaji Ahman Pategi, one of the highly respected Ministers who served in the Northern Nigeria under the late Premier, Sir Ahmadu Bello, Sardauna of Sokoto in the first republic. During my stay in England, I was his guardian, he lived with me and enjoyed his loyalty, steadfastness and humility.
“I received the news of his death with crude shock and depression because he was indeed a great asset for us in Kwara and Nigeria in general. He contributed his quotas to national development as foremost medical practitioner and community leader. ”
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari however commiserate with the Kwara State Governor, Mallam Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq, Etsu Patigi, Alhaji Umar Bologi II and the entire people of Patigi emirate council over the colossal loss.
He prayed Allah to forgive the late Galadiman Patigi his shortcomings and give his immediate and extended families the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.
- SON issues MANCAP certificates to 102 companies in Kano
- KAM Holding Gets SON Applause, Bags 6 MANCAP Certificates (PHOTOS)
- ASUU: Lectures receive full salaries for November, without arrears
- Osun Speaker, Owoeye meets Governor Adeleke
- Adeleke tasks panels to recover ”looted” state assets
- Lawmaker assures release of detained Nigerian lady in UAE
- Qatar says 500 death toll of World Cup workers recorded
- Justice Nyako seeks appointment of more judges for speedy justice dispensation
- Tinubu in Abuja not in the United States says APC PCC
- Aishatu Gobir delivers UNILORIN 219th Inaugural Lecture Dec. 1