The Itori Unit Commander, Mr Shamaki Yerima, made this known in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Sunday in Ota.
According to Yerima, these incessant cases of driving against traffic and flouting of traffic regulations by drivers, especially at the Itori axis has become worrisome for the command.
He said that there was a need to check the myriad of driving against traffic to ensure the safety of lives and property area.
“There is the need for drivers to change their orientation about the use of road so that the highway could be safer for other motoring public.
“Until drivers change their wrong way of using the roads, there will always be continuous negative effects which sometimes lead to loss of lives,’’ he said.
Yerima noted that the fact that some portions of the roads were bad did not grant motorists the liberty to break traffic regulations.
He enjoined them to change their attitudinal behaviours in order to minimise crashes on the highway.
The Unit Commander, however, said that the FRSC personnel had been deployed to areas where motorists were fond of driving against traffic.
He added that erring drivers would be arrested and prosecuted with stiffer punishment.
- Private sector impressed as Gov AbdulRazaq declares open 10th Kwara Trade Fair
- Emefiele’s Naira redesign ran farmers bankrupt – FG
- Let’s use media to fight drug, internet fraud- Akogun
- UNILORIN Don canvasses creation of National Examination Malpractices Board
- UNILORIN emerges 9th in global ranking for Int’l students
- Kwara garment factory will be largest in West Africa at full capacity–MD
- WRITERS MOURN DEATH OF VETERAN POET, ỌLÁŃREWAJÚ ADÉPOJÙ
- Powerful Nigerian poet and author, Olarewaju Adepoju dies at 83
- Veteran NTA news caster, Aisha Bello Mustapha is dead
- Kwara Gov directs distribution of 20,000 50kg bags of maize*