A police Sergeant, Mr Kabiru Isah, has been rewarded with a sum of N100,000 for his honesty after returning N1.2m found on a deceased accident victim to his relatives in Kano State.
The state Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Abdullahi Haruna, said this in a statement on Saturday.
Haruna said the policeman attached to the command’s Motor Traffic Division recovered the money while inspecting an accident scene on the Kano-Zaria Road.
He said an articulated vehicle had knocked down a motorcycle rider, who died on the spot, adding that the victim was in possession of the money packed in a box.
“The police officer returned N1,294,200 found at the scene of the fatal accident,” he said.
Haruna said the Commissioner of Police, Mr Sama’ila Dikko, handed over the money to the relatives of the deceased and called on police personnel and residents of the state to emulate Isah’s good deed, the News Agency of Nigeria reports.
The Managing Director, Kano Road Traffic Agency, Mr Baffa Dan-Agundi, was said to have presented a gift of N100,000 as a reward for his honesty and dedication to duty.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption