The presidency has finally confimed the sacking of some aides attached to the office of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.
The senior special assistant to the president on media and publicity, Garba Shehu, in a statement issued on Friday said the exercise, which was ordered by President Muhammdu Buhari was done to streamline decision-making, cut down multiple authorities and reduce the cost of administration.
He said there is on-going, an unprecedented overhaul of the presidency in which a number of political appointments have either been revoked or not renewed in the second term of the administration.
Shehu explained that the downsizing was being carried out to save taxpayer money and deliver the needed service to the public.
He said the office of Yemi Osinbajo had downsized a number of his appointees in compliance with the directive of the president as a means to reduce the cost of administration.
Presidency also dismissed media reports that there was a rift between President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, noting that the two leaders enjoy a cordial relationship.
He accused mischief-makers who he said were desperate for entertaining stories from the Aso Rock Villa of spreading the notion of a rift in the presidency.
He further said the streamlining was not personal or targeted to undermine the vice president’s office.
Shehu urged the media to stop attributing non-existent powers to some people, adding that President Buhari is in absolute control of his government and that no one is too powerful for President Buhari to control.
- Kwara assembly applauds KWASACA over projects
- Buhari seeks Senate’s approval of 6 Executive Bills
- Convicted Yahoo Yahoo boy masterminds $100million deal from prison custody
- EFCC jails another 5 internet fraudsters in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- SAD…AbdulRazaq mourns as KWASU loses lecturer, student in auto crash
- Hate Speech Bill: Death penalty, other punitive terms open to amendments
- Imbibe spirit of sportsmanship, ex-PDP aspirant, Igali tells Bayelsa gov-elect
- No going back on Hate Speech Bill, says sponsor
- UNILORIN, AL-Hikmah varsities’ best graduating students to bag Gbenga Power Foundation scholarships
- Lawan rejoices with APC, Kogi, Bayelsa governors-elect