Liverpool clashes with Manchester City on Sunday at Anfield, it is arguably the most anticipated match of the season also the battle for the premier league title.
Manchester City the defending champion, have been very good on attack since the start of the season scoring a lot of goals in the competition, although the Pep Guardiola side has dropped some points this season loosing 2 matches and drawing 1 with them currently sitting at the second position on the Premier League table, their next match could determine if they will close up the gap or reduce their chances of winning the title once again this season.
Liverpool on the other hand has been excellent both on offense and on defense this season in the Premier League despite the absence of Allison Becker Liverpool’s first choice goal keeper in most of their matches, the team has been able to maintain a stable defense.
The Jurgen Klopp side currently sits at the first position with an 11 matches unbeaten run in the premier league winning 10 and drawing 1 in all matches, also the Premier League leaders have been excellent at home throughout this year in all competitions, which they haven’t recorded a loss at Anfield, some might even say Anfield is a fortress.
The upcoming match between Liverpool and Manchester City might end as a draw but with goals due to the attacking talents both teams possess. Although Liverpool might have an upper hand against Manchester City due to City’s defensive line up which has shown in matches this season how the Central-backs injury woes has affected the team defensively leaving them open for the sharp and quick Liverpool attacking line. Also Pep Guardiola side will be facing The Jurgen Klopp side at Anfield in which Liverpool hasn’t lost a match at home in a long time which also gives them an upper hand against City.
The match will decide if Liverpool is a step closer to winning the league for the first time or the race continues between both teams.
- Lawan, Gbajabiamila sued over failure to cut N228.1bn NASS budget
- Kaduna State Internal Revenue Service insists on e-payment in hospitals
- Buhari invested more in vulnerable women, youth– Minister
- Buhari’s appointees sabotaging his administration– APC Stakeholders
- INEC won’t disappoint Nigerians in 2023 General Election– REC
- NYSC DG warns corps members against unauthorised trips
- 2023 election: Tinubu’s presidential bid is a divine project – Kekemeke
- 2023 Election: Clergy advises Nigerians to protect their votes
- Civil Society Organisations in Borno empathise with Nigerians over cash crunch
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement