This is contained in a statement signed by EFCC Media Head, Mr Wilson Uwujaren, and made available to newsmen in Ilorin.
The statement reads that the arrest was sequel to series of intelligence reports on the alleged criminal activities of some internet fraudsters operating in the area.
”Officers of the Commission had carried out series of discreet surveillance on the nature of activities going on in the area, which established that the location where the suspects were rounded up is a hideout for fraudsters.
”Two of the suspects arrested are brothers of the same parent – Dada Dele and Dada Tunde with Segun Kazeem, Adepoju Pelumi, Jejelowo Segun, David Ojo, Sodiq Adetoye and Opeyemi Akiniyi.
“Others include: Michael Ekundayo, Victor Olujobi, Damilola Akinluyi and Attamah Hyauth, Ade Ajayi Tobi, Oyewola Adewunmi, Emmanuel Bello, Lekan Oyewole, Oso Opeyemi, Oluwaseun Temitope Ezekiel, Akinrodolu Sunday and Emmanuel Attah.
“Also arrested are Sunday Adedoyin, George Tobi, Odunayo Daramola, Olubola Olushola Sunday, Temitope Ayomide, Faboro John Oluwagbotemi, Ajibade Timilehin Emmanuel and Momoh Ranti.
“The remaining suspects arrested are Ajibade Seyi, Eniola Abdulbasit, Oreoluwa Ayuba, Christopher Olutobiloba, Samuel Ajayi, Abiodun Akeem, Tunde Orija, Ajila Ayodeji and Oyeleke Kehinde,” the statement read in part.
It added that the raid led to the confiscation of scores of vehicles, laptops, sophisticated phones and other items.
According to the statement, the suspects are currently being profiled to determine their culpability in the alleged crime and would be charged to court as soon as investigations are concluded.
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants
- Ilorin experiences first rainfall in 2023
- Leeds records 3-1 victory against Accrington Stanley firstly in 7yrs
- Naira notes hardship: Don’t come to Kano yet, Ganduje tells Buhari
- CBN’s Jan. 31 deadline on naira notes unrealistic— Atiku
- CBN deadline: Buhari speaks on reasons for currencies changes
- INEC extends PVCs collection to Feb. 5
- INEC extends PVCs collection deadline