Eid-el-Fitr: FG declares 21, 24 public holidays
The Federal Government has declared Friday 21 and Monday 24 as Public Holiday to mark this year’s Eid-el-Fitr celebration.
This is contained in a statement by the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Interior, Dr Shuaib Belgore, on Wednesday in Abuja.
He congratulated Muslims for the successful completion of the holy month of Ramadan, urging them to imbibe the virtues of kindness, love, tolerance, self-denial and sacrifice as exemplified by the Holy Prophet Muhammad.
“The self-restrain, self-denial, sacrifice and deep spiritual consciousness that accompanied the fasting period should not end but be maintained and improved upon.
“This is for you to be a better person and true worshipper,” he said.
He gave assurance that President Muhammadu Buhari was fully committed to peaceful transition of government following successful elections.
He also assured Nigerians of government’s commitment to the provision of security for the lives and property of every citizen as well as foreigners in the country.
The minister commended security agencies on the successes recorded in the fight against criminals across the country, urging Nigerians to be part of the nation’s security architecture by being vigilant.
He pointed out that security was everybody’s responsibility.
He admonished Nigerians to also report suspicious activities and persons to the N-Alert application.
Aregbesola wished Muslims a happy Eid-el-Fitr celebration and prayed that the peace, blessings and favour of Allah would be with all.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Senate amends ICPC Act, slams 2yr imprisonment on false petitioners
- FG roads: NASS approves Buhari’s request of N16.7bn refund to Borno
- Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer To Tinubu: Don’t inherit Buhari’s hostility
- Adegoke’s Murder: Court sentences Adedoyin to death
- Gov Otti reveals plan to recruit 5,000 teachers in Abia
- 10th NASS: Igbo Senate Presidency still alive, says Kalu
- Court sentences Rahmon Adedoyin, 3 others to death
- DSS’ Siege on Our Lagos Office Shocking – EFCC
- Fuel scarcity: KWSG to revoke CoO of erring filling stations
- Gov Abba Yusuf issues executive order to probe Ganduje