The Katsina Emirate Council has cancelled Sallah Durbar, popularly called ‘Hawan-Sallah’.
The Emir of Katsina, Alhaji Abdulmumini Kabir, gave the directive in a statement by the council’s Secretary, Alhaji Bello Mamman-Ifo, on Tuesday in Katsina.
“In view of kidnappings and banditry taking place around the emirate, and based on advises received from the state government, security agents and health personnel, the emirate will not conduct ‘Hawan-Sallah’ and other festivities during the Eid-el-Fitr celebration,” he said.
The Emir, however, noted that Eid prayer would be conducted and a special prayer for peaceful coexistence in the state and the country in general would also be offered.
Similarly, the Daura Emirate Council also cancelled Sallah Durbar due to insecurity challenges in some parts of the state.
The council’s Secretary, Alhaji Abdulmumini Salihu, made the announcement on behalf of Emir of Daura, Alhaji Umar Faruq.
He further said that Eid-prayer would be conducted where a special prayer for peaceful coexistence in the state and the country, in general, would also be offered.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal