Elon Musk hires female CEO for Twitter
Twitter boss, Elon Musk revealed he’s hired a woman to replace him as new chief executive officer of Twitter.
Taking to his Twitter handle, Musk wrote:
“Excited to announce that I’ve a new CEO for X/Twitter. She will be starting in ~6 weeks!
My role will transition to being exec chair & CTO (chief technology officer), overseeing product, software & sysops.
Elon Musk who bought Twitter in October 2022 has not yet revealed the identity of his new CEO. He has slashed around 70 percent of Twitter’s staff since buying the firm for $44 billion, including its entire executive team.
Musk is also the CEO of Tesla and rocket maker SpaceX.
Shortly after the announcement, Tesla’s shares reportedly jumped more than 2 percent, in a sign that investors were pleased about the move.
A group of shareholders publicly urged the board in April to ensure that Musk dedicated more time to the company. The letter said they had become ‘increasingly concerned with governance and leadership issues at the company.’
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- NGF: Tinubu congratulates Gov. AbdulRazaq, Uzodinma
- Alleged N4bn: EFCC drills Ex-Gov. Kayode Fayemi in Ilorin
- I never indicated interest to be 10th Assembly’s Senate President— Lawan
- Insecurity: Tinubu gives Service Chiefs Matching Order
- Breaking…..CBN debunks rumour on alleged Naira devaluation
- Folashade Tinubu adds ‘First Daughter of FRN’ to her Twitter bio
- INEC rejects certified true copies of documents tendered by Atiku, PDP
- CBN devalues Naira to 630 per dollar
- Hajj 2023: Again, MAX Air makes another emergency landing in Kano
- How MDAs abused N3.8trn Service Wide Vote, by Senate