Kano mum kidnaps daughter, demands N3m from husband
A 25-year-old woman, Rahama Sulaiman, has been arrested by the police in Kano for allegedly kidnapping her 6-year-old daughter, Hafsat Kabiru, and demanding N3 million ransom from her husband.
The woman allegedly took the daughter to a nearby relative in Madobi to keep for her and that she would travel for four days.
Speaking while parading the suspect and other criminals at the Kano Police Command’s headquarters, the Commissioner of Police, Muhammad Usaini Gumel, said they received a report from the husband, Kabiru Shehu, that his daughter had been kidnapped.
“In a follow-up investigation, the victim was rescued in Madobi LGA and the wife, who was earlier divorced by the husband, confessed to having planned the kidnapping of her daughter.”
Speaking to newsmen after she was paraded, the suspect said her ex-husband did not give her money to feed the children for over 10 months so she decided to do that to get money to take care of his children.
“I called him and told him that our daughter was missing and we went to the police together and reported the matter. Inside the police station, I gave him the number of the guy that will receive the ransom,” she said.
She said she regretted her actions and announced that she had reconciled with her husband.
The husband who confirmed that they had reconciled, added that his wife had never done such before.
The command also paraded other criminals including kidnappers and drug dealers, and also recovered over 600 parcels of Indian hemp.
The CP however said all the suspects would be charged after investigation.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- NGF: Tinubu congratulates Gov. AbdulRazaq, Uzodinma
- Alleged N4bn: EFCC drills Ex-Gov. Kayode Fayemi in Ilorin
- I never indicated interest to be 10th Assembly’s Senate President— Lawan
- Insecurity: Tinubu gives Service Chiefs Matching Order
- Breaking…..CBN debunks rumour on alleged Naira devaluation
- Folashade Tinubu adds ‘First Daughter of FRN’ to her Twitter bio
- INEC rejects certified true copies of documents tendered by Atiku, PDP
- CBN devalues Naira to 630 per dollar
- Hajj 2023: Again, MAX Air makes another emergency landing in Kano
- How MDAs abused N3.8trn Service Wide Vote, by Senate