A source confirmed that Emefiele prefers continue his on his job as the CBN’s helmsman.
Emefiele’s decision to withdraw from the presidential race was what prompted him to visit President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday evening to “personally inform him”.
“He has decided to quit the ring and focus on administering monetary policies. He wants to finish what he started. He is a busy man,” the source said.
He added that Emefiele held long meetings with his advisers and political bigwigs on Friday where he decided to continue with his current job.
- Flooding: Wurukum Traders appeal to Gov over N2bn properties loss
- Kwara Police gets first female spokesperson, DSP Ejire-Adeyemi Adetoun
- Nigeria committed to end terrorism, maintenance of peace –Gaidam
- Kwara Govt. Kicks Against Street Begging
- (PHOTOS) Medical Laboratory Council Inducts KWASU’s 46 Newly Qualified Graduates
- 12 feared dead in ghastly auto crash in Kwara
- Gov. AbdulRazaq’s media aide, Rafiu Ajakaye warns against sensational reporting
- COAS visits Benue, pledges more military interventions in crises ridden areas
- Engr. Yunusa Yahaya’s death, a monumental loss to humanity— Emir of Okuta
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death