On a new song released today, December 18, Grammy award winning rapper, Eminem has apologised to singer, Rihanna for “siding” with her ex-boyfriend Chris Brown, who infamously assaulted her in 2009.
Eminem was referring to a decade-old song that leaked in 2019, on which he said “of course I side with Chris Brown”
But in a new song titled ‘zeus’ which appears on Eminem’s surprise album Music to be Murdered By Side B, released Friday, Eminem raps: “And wholeheartedly apologies Rihanna for that song that leaked/I’m sorry, Rih, it wasn’t meant to cause you grief.”
On his new track, he admitted the original lyric “was wrong of me”.
The new album accompanies his January album ‘Music to be Murdered By’.
At the time the track leaked last year, Eminem’s spokesperson said: “This is a leak of something that’s over 10 years old. After Eminem recorded it, he scrapped it, and rewrote it.”
Brown pleaded guilty to the assault in 2009, and received five years probation and a community service order.
Eminem and Rihanna have collaborated several times, including on 2010’s US number one single Love the Way You Lie, as well as Numb on her 2012 album Unapologetic and The Monster from The Marshall Mathers LP 2 in 2013.
The rapper’s new album features collaborations with Dr Dre, Ty Dolla $ign, J Premier and Skylar Gray.
- BREAKING…Dogara dumps APC for PDP
- Adeleke commences salary payment, vows to restore good governance
- Ronaldo signs £173m deal with Al-Nassr
- Zenith Bank wins Bank of the Year
- Late Onijagbo was a great servant of God— Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Emir of Ilorin mourns late Onijagbo, Oba Fagbemi
- I’m thinking of getting married for sex, says Juliana Olayode
- DMO raises concern over Nigeria’s debt
- BREAKING…Yoruba King, Onijagbo of Ijagbo dies
- Commissioner kidnapped in Benue