Malam Yusuf Ali, Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), and a former Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State, Ibrahim Olatoye-Lawal, said the purported bench warrant of arrest was a joke.
In a chat with journalists at the main campus of Osun State University Osogbo, shortly after the 10th inaugural lecture of the university, Ali who is also the Pro-Chancellor of UNIOSUN cautioned against miscarriage of justice.
On whether the bench warrant of arrest on the Oluwo was appropriate as handed down by Magistrate Olusola Aluko, Ali said: “I read the story online. People are jokers. Just forget it. Don’t you see the man here now”, (referring to Oluwo)The Oluwo, Oba Akanbi was also at the inaugural lecture which was delivered by Professor Oguntola Jelil Alamu, a professor of Mechanical Engineering in UNIOSUN who hails from Iwo.
Olatoye-Lawal while speaking with Daily Trust posited that the issuance of the bench warrant of arrest in a civil case between the Oluwo, Oba Akanbi and another king, the Oluwo-Oke of Iwo-Oke, Oba Kadiri Adeoye was a joke taken too far.
He queried: “Is Oluwo’s case before Magistrate Aluko not a civil case? Can a bench warrant be issued against a party in a civil case? This is simply a joke taken too far. It is not right.”
- NatureNews Targets 5bn Trees Plantation by 2030, Unveils ‘NaijaGreenProject’ Initiative
- NLC suspends nationwide protest
- Names of Tinubu’s aides following him to Qatar revealed (See List)
- Group petitions Tinubu, others over N20bn LGs fraud in Benue
- Banks to face N1trn recapitalization as Senate plans six years term for CBN Gov.
- BREAKING….Senate begins probe of Ajaokuta Steel Coy, NIOMCO over $496m payment
- (VIDEO) Vigilantes rescue abducted victims, kill one kidnapper, apprehend others in Kwara
- IOC’s Divestment: We Facilitate, Not Hinder Process — NNPCL
- Introduce Food Stamps prog to tackle hunger, Senate urges FG
- Senate confirms Bakari as NFIU director