Malam Yusuf Ali, Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), and a former Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State, Ibrahim Olatoye-Lawal, said the purported bench warrant of arrest was a joke.
In a chat with journalists at the main campus of Osun State University Osogbo, shortly after the 10th inaugural lecture of the university, Ali who is also the Pro-Chancellor of UNIOSUN cautioned against miscarriage of justice.
On whether the bench warrant of arrest on the Oluwo was appropriate as handed down by Magistrate Olusola Aluko, Ali said: “I read the story online. People are jokers. Just forget it. Don’t you see the man here now”, (referring to Oluwo)The Oluwo, Oba Akanbi was also at the inaugural lecture which was delivered by Professor Oguntola Jelil Alamu, a professor of Mechanical Engineering in UNIOSUN who hails from Iwo.
Olatoye-Lawal while speaking with Daily Trust posited that the issuance of the bench warrant of arrest in a civil case between the Oluwo, Oba Akanbi and another king, the Oluwo-Oke of Iwo-Oke, Oba Kadiri Adeoye was a joke taken too far.
He queried: “Is Oluwo’s case before Magistrate Aluko not a civil case? Can a bench warrant be issued against a party in a civil case? This is simply a joke taken too far. It is not right.”
- Respect culture of your host communities– Traditional ruler to corps members
- Court orders INEC to accept Labour Party’s candidates in 24 states
- Kwara Govt engages additional 200 sweepers to improve public hygiene
- El-Rufai insists Aso Rock cabal working against Tinubu, vows to unmask them
- Court dissolves Ganduje’s daughter 16-year-old marriage, orders return of dowry
- 522,000 PVCs uncollected in Edo – INEC
- INEC to conduct mock voter accreditation in Delta
- NSCDC warn officers against careless handling of firearms during elections
- Businesses crumble in Kaduna as traders lament scarcity of new, old naira notes
- Adeleke directs immediate payment of arrears of half salaries for civil servants