Following the Tuesday attack on the convoy of the Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, a 24-hour curfew has been imposed on three local government areas in Kaduna State. The local government areas are Zangon-Kataf, Kaura and Jema’a.
The Kaduna State Security Council said it took the step based on credible intelligence about risks to lives and property in the affected areas.
This is just as the governor appealed for calm over the attack on him, urging citizens not to respond to the action by demonstrators in Kafanchan, Jema’a Local Government Area on Tuesday.
El-Rufai’s Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Samuel Aruwan, said in a statement that the decision to impose curfew on the three LGs was taken by the State Security Council shortly after its meeting on Wednesday.
The spokesman added that the council also reaffirmed the ban on all processions and unlawful assembly throughout the state.
The meeting, chaired by El-Rufai, the statement added, was attended by the Deputy Governor, Barnabas Yusuf-Bala; Kaduna State Commissioner of Police, Agyole Abeh; and Director DSS, Mohammed Wakili; among others.
The governor and his entourage were reportedly pelted with stones and some of the vehicles were damaged after the governor addressed some demonstrators after the Kaduna State Security Council meeting.
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes
- FG approves trade union for Bolt, Uber Drivers