Following the Tuesday attack on the convoy of the Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, a 24-hour curfew has been imposed on three local government areas in Kaduna State. The local government areas are Zangon-Kataf, Kaura and Jema’a.
The Kaduna State Security Council said it took the step based on credible intelligence about risks to lives and property in the affected areas.
This is just as the governor appealed for calm over the attack on him, urging citizens not to respond to the action by demonstrators in Kafanchan, Jema’a Local Government Area on Tuesday.
El-Rufai’s Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Samuel Aruwan, said in a statement that the decision to impose curfew on the three LGs was taken by the State Security Council shortly after its meeting on Wednesday.
The spokesman added that the council also reaffirmed the ban on all processions and unlawful assembly throughout the state.
The meeting, chaired by El-Rufai, the statement added, was attended by the Deputy Governor, Barnabas Yusuf-Bala; Kaduna State Commissioner of Police, Agyole Abeh; and Director DSS, Mohammed Wakili; among others.
The governor and his entourage were reportedly pelted with stones and some of the vehicles were damaged after the governor addressed some demonstrators after the Kaduna State Security Council meeting.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal