“How we spent N5b London/Paris Refund” – Gov. Ahmed
Kwara State Governor, Dr Abdulfatah Ahmed has explained how the state government expended the N5b collected from the Federal Government as refunds from the London and Paris Club loans.
According to the governor, N1.890b was released to local governments and state’s tertiary institutions to off set their November salaries. “The balance,” the governor continued “would be channeled into critical infrastructural projects and other people-oriented programmes across the state, such as the Small and Medium Scale Enterprise Scheme.”
The governor, who gave the breakdown of the state’s share of the loan refunds at the occasion of a send-off for retired permanent secretaries in the state, said the explanation became expedient in view of “some unfounded claims the refunds have generated.”
The Governor, who assured the people that the state government is still expecting additional refunds from the Federal Government in the coming months, said “when it is received, it will go towards recurrent expenditure, on-going and new capital projects as well as other programmes like boosting the informal sector and Community Health Insurance Scheme.”
He commended the retired Permanent Secretary for their selfless service and dedication towards ensuring the smooth running of the state civil service.
Earlier, the Head of Service (HOS), Mrs Zahra Omar said the event was the maiden edition in honour of 53 retired permanent secretaries some years back adding that the intention was to appreciate them for their selfless contributions to the development and growth of the State.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- (PHOTOS)EFCC arrests 28 suspected Yahoo Yahoo boys in Kwara
- Aggrieved parties file 25 petitions before Lagos election tribunal
- Referee suspended for using fan’s phone to review a goal
- Ramadan: Buhari sends best wishes to Muslim faithful
- NLC declares nationwide strike from Wednesday next week
- President-Elect Tinubu jets out to Europe
- JUST IN…..Emir of Ilorin confirms commencement of Ramadan fasting tomorrow
- I didn’t interfere, polls reflected Nigerians’ choices – Buhari
- Remove fuel subsidy before you go — U.S to Buhari
- Kwara: EFCC secures conviction of 37yr-old driver over illegal minning