As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to hit hard in the nation, the Emir of Daura, Alhaji Umar Farouk Umar, was on Tuesday night hospitalised at the Intensive Care Unit of the Federal Medical Centre (FMC) in Kastina State.
A Source said he was rushed unconscious to hospital after suffering from high blood pressure.
In his words: “It’s true the Emir of Daura was rushed to FMC for high blood pressure, he was unconscious when he was taken to the hospital yesterday night, and some people even thought whether he had passed on.”
According to The Nation Governor Aminu Bello Masari two days ago sealed the Daura palace to control the spread of coronavirus in the entire Daura LGA.
Also, a palace source said the Emir may have contracted COVID-19 from Kastina State index case, Dr Aminu Yakubu, a Daura-based private medical practitioner, who died of the virus last month.
The Source said the late Yakubu was the personal physician of Emir Umar and had met with him and his first wife, Hajiya Binta Umar, shortly before he died.
However, residents of the area alleged the Emir’s sudden sick and critical condition may be caused by shutting down of his palace while others believe it may be a suspected case of COVID-19
Daura, the hometown of President Muhammadu Buhari, recorded the first Index case of coronavirus in Katsina.
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63