AUTHORITY of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS), on Tuesday announced that it has generated approximately N63billion revenue in 2019 which represents a sixty percent increase from the previous year.
Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola made this known while presenting the 2019 Annual Report of the Nigeria Immigration Service in Abuja.
In a statement signed by the public relations officer of the service, Sunday James, the agency said N59,654,547,856.12 was used as expenditure out of the money bringing the net revenue to N2,955,682,003.38.
The agency also said it has recorded thirteen percent increase in offshore revenue which is $41,823,635.56, as against last year’s record of $41,823,635.56.
According to the statement, the migration statistics for 2019 shows that China ranks first among the top ten countries with the highest number of migrations into Nigeria followed by India, Ghana, Lebanese, America and Niger respectively.
The last four countries are Germany, Italy, South Africa and Cameroonian in that order.
“The total number of visas issued in 2019 is 130, the total number of passports issued is 1,198,274,” the statement reads.
Other Highlights of the report notes that movement of persons into and out of Nigeria is as follows; 2,206,558 arrivals and 2,537,966 departures.
Meanwhile, the number of migrants into Nigeria includes 7,518 persons through the seaports, 1,379,459 persons through land borders and 3,632,993 arrived through the airports.
The annual report is a document containing vital data and information which is useful for national planning, decision making, research work, education and business development for both the public and private sectors.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections