Emir of Ilorin urges Muslim faithfuls to shun disunity acts, others
The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Mai-Martaba Alhaji (Dr.) Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR has urged Muslim ummah to sustain their religious obligations of living in peace and harmony with fellow human beings.
He urged them to desist from actions that can bring about disunity among members of the society.
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari stated this in his sallah message delivered shortly after the two rakat prayer marking the end of the glorious month of Ramadan 1444AH at the Ilorin Central Yidi praying ground.
While congratulating the Governor of Kwara State, Mallam Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq of this year’s Eid-el-Fitr celebration, the Emir said: “I pray that Allah continue to guide and protect him in the course of steering the ship of the state for the second term.”
He added that the people of Ilorin Emirate and beyond should be security conscious by being vigilant at all times even as he congratulated them and security agents for the security arrangements made during the last general election.
The monarch also disclosed that a powerful committee has being inaugurated tagged: “Eid Praying Ground Development & Management Committee with the Zanna of Ilorin, Engr. Yusuf Lanre Sagaya as its chairman.
“The committee has started work in earnest and we are confident that they will perform wonderfully insha Allah. May Allah guide the committee aright in this arduous task”, the Emir added.
He however prayed for safe return for all those who went for the holy pilgrimage of Ummrah, quick recovery for the sick and prayed Allah to forgive the dead and also give their families the courage and fortitude to bear the great loss.
Earlier in his sermon, the Chief Imam of Ilorin, Sheikh Dr Muhammad Bashir Imam-Soliu OON, admonished Muslims to remain committed to teachings of Allah and Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) at all times even after the month of Ramadan.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Senate amends ICPC Act, slams 2yr imprisonment on false petitioners
- FG roads: NASS approves Buhari’s request of N16.7bn refund to Borno
- Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer To Tinubu: Don’t inherit Buhari’s hostility
- Adegoke’s Murder: Court sentences Adedoyin to death
- Gov Otti reveals plan to recruit 5,000 teachers in Abia
- 10th NASS: Igbo Senate Presidency still alive, says Kalu
- Court sentences Rahmon Adedoyin, 3 others to death
- DSS’ Siege on Our Lagos Office Shocking – EFCC
- Fuel scarcity: KWSG to revoke CoO of erring filling stations
- Gov Abba Yusuf issues executive order to probe Ganduje