The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Mai-Martaba Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR, has warned Nigerians to be sensitive to the continuous advocacy and warning by the federal government against coronavirus infection ravaging global economy and humanity.
Sulu-Gambari who spoke on Tuesday shortly after the two-rakat prayers marking this year’s Eid-el-Kabir sallah festival at Ilorin Central Yidi ground, advised youths to shun violence, crimes and criminality at all times.
The Emir also urged Nigerians to always adopt preventive measures and protocols in order to adhere to the warnings and efforts of tackling COVID-19 infections globally.
The prayer was led by the Chief Imam of Ilorin, Dr. Muhammad Bashir Soliu OON.
The Emir said: “We give thanks to Almighty Allah (SWT)once again for granting us the grace to witness another Eid-el-Adha with sound health and prosperity. For those who intended to perform this year’s hajj from Nigeria, Allah will make it easy next year and give us victory over all hinderances.
“As for Religious misunderstandings in the state, let it be addressed by the two main religious leaders. The society had gone far enough to prevent leashing violent reactions on any matter that ought to have been settled amicably. The dasting has come and gone. All restraints exhibited while it lasted should be continued and the end of fasting should not be the end of personal discipline.”
“To those who are able to perform this year’s holy pilgrimage among from other parts of the world, we wish them Allah’s travelling mercies and happy return to their respective homes.
“For those who are sick in the hospital and at home, we pray Allah to heal them and for those that died in the current year, may Allah grant them Al-janatul fordaos and give their families the courage and fortitude to bear the loss.”
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes