The player was arrested on Friday and interviewed by police before he was released on bail.
In a statement, Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said: “Officers arrested a man on Friday on suspicion of child sex offences. He is on police bail pending further inquiries.”
The footballer has been suspended by his club while the investigation continues.
The club said it would assist with the inquiry.
A newspaper in England reported that the probe was being led by GMP’s major incident team.
It added that there was no sign of activity at the player’s home after he returned there from the police station on Friday night.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- NiMet predicts cloudy, sunny weather conditions for three days
- Buhari hails Army over professionalism, bravery
- Police graduates 467 constables in Kwara
- Estate agent arraigned in court over alleged N3.4m fraud
- Photo News: Defence Minister, Salihi Magashi visits Kuje prison
- KUJE ATTACK: MINISTER OF DEFENCE INSPECTS MEDIUM SECURITY CUSTODIAL CENTRE
- 2022 Ilorin Grand Durbar: Kwara govt expresses more supports
- Bandits, vigilantes clash kill 12 persons in Plateau
- FG set to recruit 1million Nigerians for 2023 census exercise
- Police re-arrest jailbreaker in Ondo State