The player was arrested on Friday and interviewed by police before he was released on bail.
In a statement, Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said: “Officers arrested a man on Friday on suspicion of child sex offences. He is on police bail pending further inquiries.”
The footballer has been suspended by his club while the investigation continues.
The club said it would assist with the inquiry.
A newspaper in England reported that the probe was being led by GMP’s major incident team.
It added that there was no sign of activity at the player’s home after he returned there from the police station on Friday night.
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt