Oba of Benin, Ewuare II, would play host to the Emir of Kano, His Royal Highness, Aminu Ado-Bayero in his palace in Benin from Saturday May 29 to 31.
This is contained in statement signed by Acting Chief Press Secretary to the Oba, Mr Ogiemwanre Victor on Wednesday, in Benin.
The Emir of Kano is expected to be received by palace chiefs on arrival at the Benin Airport on Saturday and thereafter proceed to the palace of Oba of Benin for the traditional exchange of royal pleasantries and cultural display.
“On Sunday May 30, 2021, the Emir of Kano will be hosted to a grand civic reception at Oba Akenzua Cultural Complex from 4:00 p.m. where different cultural troupes and staged drama tittled Idia N’ Iye Esigie (The King’s mother) will entertain the Emir and his esteem entourage. ‘
“The general public is by this notice invited to attend. All quests are expected to be seated on or before 4:00 p.m.
“The royal visit will end on Monday May 31, 2021 with a visit to Edo Governor, Mr Godwin Obaseki, at the Government House.”
He, however, warned that all COVID – 19 protocols will be observed accordingly.”
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends