The Kano State House of Assembly has passed the bill for the creation of four additional first class Emirates.
This follows the approval of the amendment of the local government and chieftaincy affairs law by the lawmakers, during their sitting on Wednesday.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that there is strong move by Ganduje to dethrone the reigning Emir of Kano HRH Sanusi II over a call by Sanusi for free and fair elections in the state.
The bill, if passed into law, will pave the way for the decentralisation of the Kano Emirate council thereby reducing the number of the emirates under the influence of the sitting Emir of Kano
Abdullahi Ganduje, the state governor has vowed to assent to the bill.
He gave the assurance while speaking to newsmen on Wednesday ahead of the 136th executive council.
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends