The Kano State House of Assembly has passed the bill for the creation of four additional first class Emirates.
This follows the approval of the amendment of the local government and chieftaincy affairs law by the lawmakers, during their sitting on Wednesday.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that there is strong move by Ganduje to dethrone the reigning Emir of Kano HRH Sanusi II over a call by Sanusi for free and fair elections in the state.
The bill, if passed into law, will pave the way for the decentralisation of the Kano Emirate council thereby reducing the number of the emirates under the influence of the sitting Emir of Kano
Abdullahi Ganduje, the state governor has vowed to assent to the bill.
He gave the assurance while speaking to newsmen on Wednesday ahead of the 136th executive council.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide