Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State, on Sunday paid a solidarity visit to his Osun counterpart, Adegboyega Oyetola, over the attack on his convoy by armed thugs that allegedly infiltrated the ranks of the #EndSARS protesters in Osogbo.
Akeredolu, who described the attack as shocking, appealed to the protesting youths to give government time to attend to their demands and interests.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that suspected hoodlums on Saturday attacked Gov. Oyetola’s convoy while he was addressing EndSARS protesters in Osogbo.
He commended the security aides of Gov. Oyetola for not fighting back, saying that the situation would have resulted in an unpleasant outcome which will make nonsense of the the governor’s solidarity with the people.
Akeredolu, however, called on the youths to be wary of criminal elements that have infiltrated their ranks, adding that the criminal elements do not understand what the youths are fighting for.
The governor, who came in company of his Deputy-governor elect, Mr Lucky Ayedatiwa, also thanked Oyetola for standing behind them during the election.
In his response, Oyetola said the protest by the youths was legitimate but warned them to be wary of political thugs that seem to be steadily hijacking the movement in the State.
“The youths should be careful because the core protesters’ ranks have been infiltrated by thieves, looters and vandals, who went as far as attacking private businesses in Osun Mall.
“Please, reconsider the way the economy is being hampered and the fear that has been created in other citizens of the State, and let’s stay focused with our demands.
“Don’t let hoodlums defeat the purpose of this movement,” Oyetola said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign