The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) in Niger has confirmed the death of three persons in an accident that occurred on Mokwa-Jebba road on Sunday.
Mr Joel Dagwa, the state’s FRSC Commander, told the News Agency of Nigeria in Minna on Sunday that 19 other persons got various degrees of injuries.
He said that the accident, which occurred at about 3.00 pm at Tsafa village, involved a Mazda bus and an articulated vehicle.
He said that the victims were rescued to General hospital, Mokwa, where the doctor confirmed three dead and the corpses deposited at the Federal Medical Centre, Bida, morgue.
He explained that the truck was conveying empty baskets from Kano to Lagos while the bus took off from Oyo State en route to Kano.
The sector commander advised motorists to exercise caution and adhere strictly to speed limits to avoid crashes.
He blamed the accident on speed violation and loss of control.
The sector commander said that the Corps would continue to monitor road users to guard against dangerous driving.
“We will continue to sustain our aggressive patrols across all major highways to ensure that road users adhere strictly to traffic rules and regulations to avoid road accidents,” he said.
- Ganduje removes travel ban for Buhari to visit Kano
- 3 policemen killed in Ebonyi by unknown gunmen
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi