Chelsea striker, Timo Werner, has revealed why he is struggling at Stamford Bridge this season.
Werner has so far scored just five goals in 30 appearances in the Premier League for Chelsea this season.
The 25-year-old joined Chelsea last summer transfer window from Red Bull Leipzig but has yet to recapture his previous stunning form at the Bundesliga side.
The Germany international is now saying that ‘crazy stuff’ in his head has contributed to his Chelsea struggles but feels he is in the right place mentally to succeed now.
“I don’t think I missed the quality to score goals in maybe a half year. When I first came to Chelsea in the first 12 games, I had eight goals, so it was nearly the same as in Leipzig,” Werner told the club’s Youtube channel.
“Then there comes a break in the middle of the season, something changed.
“Maybe I get – because it’s a new country, new team – a bit of crazy stuff in my head, I have to score every game, then I don’t do it.
“It was something not good for me, but now at the moment it goes back to where I’ve been in my head also – not only in the quality on the pitch but also in my head – I’m confident and happy with myself even when I’m not scoring.
“I’ve come back to being patient, calm to say, “don’t try to bring the things to you, let the things come to you”. So some people give me good advice, they go to the disco, they want to have a girl, they don’t get a girl because they want it.
“The next day they go to the disco, and they stand on the side, and it comes 100 girls because they like him. It’s the same in football, they said.
“So I’ll give my best for the team, and maybe it starts next season and not this season, but it will come. Until then, I will work hard for myself, and that’s important.”
- Zenith Bank wins Bank of the Year
- Late Onijagbo was a great servant of God— Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Emir of Ilorin mourns late Onijagbo, Oba Fagbemi
- I’m thinking of getting married for sex, says Juliana Olayode
- DMO raises concern over Nigeria’s debt
- BREAKING…Yoruba King, Onijagbo of Ijagbo dies
- Commissioner kidnapped in Benue
- Oluwo condems burning of Aree palace, vows to go after perpetrators
- I may not use Nigerian hospitals if elected president – Atiku
- Darul-Kitab graduates 708 students, charges on political participation