A petition filed against the immediate past Speaker of Adamawa state House of Assembly, Rt Hon Kabiru Mijinyawa, member representing Yola South, was on Thursday dismissed by the Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Yola for lack of merit.
On the Judgment, the petitioned against Hon Mutawalle representing Gerei constituency in the state Assembly was also dismissed for lack of merit.
Hon.Justice Suleiman M Akanbi, lead judge based his judgment of the petitioners and petitions lacks the merit to do so.
The All Progressives Congress, APC,Lawmakers’ elections were Challenged by PDP candidates of their respective constituencies for election irregularies.
In his reaction, the lead counsel to the defendant, Barrister Samuel Alawode, thanked the tribunal for the judgment stressed that decision of the tribunal further shows supremacy of the constitution above all other interests.
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes