A petition filed against the immediate past Speaker of Adamawa state House of Assembly, Rt Hon Kabiru Mijinyawa, member representing Yola South, was on Thursday dismissed by the Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Yola for lack of merit.
On the Judgment, the petitioned against Hon Mutawalle representing Gerei constituency in the state Assembly was also dismissed for lack of merit.
Hon.Justice Suleiman M Akanbi, lead judge based his judgment of the petitioners and petitions lacks the merit to do so.
The All Progressives Congress, APC,Lawmakers’ elections were Challenged by PDP candidates of their respective constituencies for election irregularies.
In his reaction, the lead counsel to the defendant, Barrister Samuel Alawode, thanked the tribunal for the judgment stressed that decision of the tribunal further shows supremacy of the constitution above all other interests.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector