A former minister of foreign affairs, Ambassador Bagudu Hirse has been abducted in Kaduna.
According to Daily Trust, Hirse was whisked away by three unidentified gunmen in front of the residence of Alhaji Mamman Daura, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew, on Inuwa Wada road in Kaduna.
The newspaper said, Hirse with a friend , simply identified as Talba had gone to pay a condolence visit to the family of the late Sultan of Sokoto, Ibrahim Dasuki on Kabiru road, and decided to make a quick stopover at the house of Daura, who was at home and was receiving guests when the incident happened.
Hirse alighted from his car and was exchanging pleasantries with some guests who were standing in front of the house, when an ash coloured Toyota Corolla car drove into the street at top speed and stopped in front of Hirse and his friends, a resident told Daily Trust.
‘The three armed masked young men jumped down from the car and accosted the former ministe
- Kwara Gov directs distribution of 20,000 50kg bags of maize*
- Meet Prince Fahad Okechukwu Emetumah, a Lawyer turned Musician
- Only security can guarantee peace, economic growth –Minister
- UNSCR 2250: FG, groups seek support for lasting peace among youths
- FG, Foreign Football Agents, Others Partner Obasa Cup
- Senators donate N1m each to victims of Kaduna drone misfire
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector