Nyalong Ngong Deng, the 17-year-old South Sudanese ‘untouched’ girl from Awerial in former Lake State whose beauty attracted over six suitors, is finally off the shelf.
Nyalong exchanged vows with tycoon Kok Alat in a colorful wedding ceremony at Freedom Hall in Juba on Friday, November 9, bringing to a close the long extraordinary journey in search of a suitable suitor.
She sat pensively next to her new husband, visibly lost in thought throughout the wedding ceremony.One read anguish and family betrayal written all over her face and still it was easy to conclude she was out place.
Prior to the nuptials, the teenager’s family had auctioned her for marriage, a two-week event which attracted prominent figures in an epic competition.
The groom beat at least five other men who had expressed interest to marry Nyalong in line with Dinka culture after each failed to match his 520 heifers, three Toyota V8 cars and KSh 1m (N3.5m) to win the beauty’s heart.
Among the competitors was the former commissioner of Awerial and the current Deputy Governor of Eastern Lakes State among other who is who in the Africa’s youngest independent state.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria needs increased budgetary allocation to make headway in pursuit for Universal Health Coverage—Fayemi
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner