National Assembly, on Tuesday said that telecommunications companies operating in Nigeria are robbing the people of their hard earn money with poor services.
This is even as the Executive Vice Chairman, Nigerian Communications Commission, NCC, Alhaji Umar Dambata, said the commission is working to ensure that all the 774 local government in the country have a broadband.
Speaking during a joined budget defence by the members of the National Assembly, the chairman, Senate Committee on Communications, Senator Oluremi Tinubu ( APC Lagos Central), said they will ensure that Nigerians get value for their money.
“The Telecommunications companies are robbing Nigerians of their hard earn money,” Senator Tinubu said.
But the NCC boss said they are monitoring the quality of services on monthly basis through their key performance indicator.
He said they will ensure quality services are given to Nigerians.
Dambata, who said multiple taxation is affecting them, added that they have stopped the USSD billing.
“There is no USSD billing. There is no charges any longer. In fact, the minister said it has been cancel. No consumer is been charge on the USSD,” he disclosed.
The NCC Executive Vice Chairman added that the change of name to the Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy is helping them to bringing in new initiatives.
“We have plans in place to addressed unemployment. We are also playing our part inline with the president’s plans of bring out 100,000 Nigerians from poverty. We have been organising training for the youth, we will continue to do it,” Dambata added.
- Ex-CAN President, Ayo Oritsejafor’s marriage crashes
- BREAKING…CBN begins distribution of redesigned naira notes to banks
- Celine Dion cancels shows over incurable disease
- Reps disagree with CBN, orders suspension of cash withdrawal limit
- Abducted Ondo monarch regains freedom
- Petrol price disparity: Marketers issue seven-day ultimatum
- KWASSIP starts public workfare programme to alleviate poverty
- Again, naira loses to dollar, exchanges at 445.83
- Sanwo-Olu impregnated my mother in 1994 — Delta man claims he’s gov’s son
- Gov Ortom invites Buhari to commission Benue project