By Our Reporter
The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Malam Muhammad Bello has sought for improved fight against criminal activities across the territory.
He said the security situation in the nation’s capital, Abuja especially at the suburbs should continue to receive serious attention from the security agencies.
During the monthly FCT Security Committee Meeting, the minister told members that kidnappers have become a serious source for concern in recent times at the outskirts, therefore more attention should be given to the areas.
He also charged them to work in a coordinated fashion to rid the city of miscreants who harass residents and carry out criminal activities within residential areas.
The Minister said the FCT Administration will continue to accord them all the necessary support they require in the discharge of their responsibilities of ridding the city of violent crimes and criminality.
Though in commended the security agencies for ensuring the peaceful conduct of the recent FCT Area Council elections that took place on the 12th of February 2022.
According to the Minister, it was to the credit of the security agencies that the FCT Area Council elections took place in a largely peaceful atmosphere.
“There is an urgent need for our security agencies to improve on the implementation of the strategies being deployed in tackling the security situation in the Federal Capital Territory”
According to a statement by Anthony Ogunleye, Chief Press Secretary to the minister, said the submission of the Area Council Chairmen to pay adequate attention to the implementation of the Community Policing policy of the Government was commendable, saying that it will help in information gathering and ensure the overall security of the FCT.
- ICPC: D’banj breaks silence after release
- Tinubu better than Peter Obi, but he’s a drug lord– Reno
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity