The Director of Press and Public Relations, Ministry of Transportation, Mr Henshaw Ogubike, said this in a statement on Sunday in Abuja.
”The Public is hereby reassured that the security agencies are making efforts to rescue the kidnapped train passengers.
”The Nigeria Police is on the trail of the criminals and have mobilised with a view to protecting the lives and property of the remaining passengers.
”The government is saddened by this unpleasant development and assures on its prompt response to the ugly situation.
”Further details will be communicated later, ” Ogubike stated.
ROYAL NEWS reports that some suspected herdsmen allegedly armed with AK 47 riffles attacked the train station at Igueben on Jan. 7 and kidnapped some passengers waiting to board the train to Warri.
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants